Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Way Back Wednesday

I really didn't have to put much thought into this weeks WBW post. It's one of my all time favorite movies, partially because of my childhood obsession with all things Fred Savage (I love Kevin). Mostly it's because The Princess Bride is still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. There are so many one-liners that I use daily from this film. While I've mentioned I'm not a huge "chick flick" fan, that is not to say that I don't like romance in general. The love story between Wesley and Buttercup is one of epic proportions for me. As a little girl, I wanted to grow up and find what they had, and to this day it is what I envision of "Twu Wuv" (I said I had one-liners, folks).


The characters in this are some of the best in any story. Everyone plays a part in what makes this awesome. Andre the Giant, Mandy Patinkin, Billy Crystal...they all support Carey Ewles and Robin Wright Penn so well. I can't choose a favorite scene, because they are all so stand out on their own.
I will note a couple that I tend to laugh the most about, however. Let us start with the battle of wits... I can't remember that actor's name, but I do know he has to be one of the most annoying people on the planet. Kinda glad he kicked it.

Next up is when Miracle Max revives Wesley. Crystal kills me here. Even as a child when not every joke was understood, he still had me rolling in the floor laughing. The make-up for this is done so well I was in my teens before I realized who Miracle Max actually was or what a Wench was...but I still laughed every time!
Of course, I must admit I love Mandy Patinkin's Inigo Montoya. I still quote this randomly from time to time. I feel I must post video of this...a photo wouldn't do it justice.



Still not my favorite...so I have to post yet another. I could post pictures all day long and you wouldn't receive the full humor of this scene. Just so you know, I'm laughing as I post this...so damn funny.





So now that you are well and truly laughing your asses off... If I were forced at gunpoint to choose just one scene to be a favorite...it would be this one. Like every other girl, I love the "happily ever after"....








Hope you have enjoyed this weeks installment of Way Back Wednesday. I look forward to this one every week and hope you all do as well. Until next time I will leave you with this:

Anybody want a peanut?

2 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

“Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

This is one of those rare movies that does everything extremely well. Hilarious dialogue, memorable characters, awesome swordfights, and a classic love story - all contained within a children’s book. If I were forced to pick my top three movies, Princess Bride would definitely make the cut.

Max Evel said...

Still a great classic.