Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Return of the Living Dead 3

This weeks movie is Return of the Living Dead 3. I don't know if it was because of Faderade, but I honestly couldn't pay attention to this one. I'm all for zombies, but this was not really a "zombie" flick in my opinion. Definitely not scary. Far from funny. What was this to offer??..time for the Vodka to kick in and make me oblivious to the fact that there was imagery on my television. So as the end credits roll, I will tell you what I know.

A kid and his chick break into a government facility where they discover the reanimation of corpses. They get busted having gratuitous sex. Some accident caused his girl to die, he brings her back at the above facility where his father works.


Some other stuff happens with some Latino peeps, chick bites one of em, they chase after her. I don't really know. I wanted this to be good (I paid for it after all) but it just wasn't. Maybe I'll try watching it again. Maybe I missed the good parts. Either way...not one of my favorites for sure!
Julie is a self-mutilating dead/alive something. I don't deny that some of the make up she wears is cool. Not to mention some of the effects throughout the movie are pretty sweet, but it doesn't redeem this one for me. There are some pretty awesome scenes for what they are...



This was probably my favorite thing in the movie! I would love to create this to sit on my sofa perpetually. (not a bad idea) and scare the living hell out of everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I know what this movie is supposed to be. It isn't far from hitting the mark, but it just wasn't there for me. It was slow and not very entertaining. Had it had a bit more humor, a bit more gore, or even a bit more talent, I may have liked it. Just fell short of what it should have been, in my opinion. If you have comments or suggestions, again, I ask that you post them below. Have you seen this one? What were you're opinions on this film?

2 comments:

Mister Bones said...

This has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. All of your points are valid, to some extent ;) but I still can't help but love it.

Word verification: ninflail

Max Evel said...

I remember this movie, and yeah, I liked it , and I don't know why ????