Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Terror Tuesday!!

Technically, it's Wednesday morning but I lost track of time playing video games. Damn Xbox, it's all Mister Bones' fault. So now that I'm no longer stuck playing Halo or Justice League Heros, I'm going to attempt to write a meaningful and insightful blog.

Tonight's movie is... Midnight Meat Train





One of my most treasured of Clive Barker's short stories turned into a full length feature. I rather enjoy this movie for all that it is. The blood, guts and gore is enough for a fan of such and it's got Barker's chilling stamp of horror all over it.

The story is about an aspiring photographer Leon (Bradley Cooper) who is just searching for the perfect shot. He gets a couple of lucky photos of a woman on the subway and things start looking up for him and his waitress girlfriend, Maya (Leslie Bibb).  He reads that the woman from his amazing photos is missing and is curious to find out what happened to her. After studying his photographs, he notices a man, a butcher (Vinnie Jones) riding the train. He obsesses about finding the butcher and essentially the murderer. Eventually unable to concentrate on anything but this man.  Leon's sanity seems to fade as nothing else can occupy his mind but finding the butcher, even if it kills him.

 The graphic violence is just what you would expect from a movie based on Barker's Books of Blood. The literary title gives you as much. For me personally, I loved the decapitation scene. More movies should include bloody, disgusting, gory, violent decapitations. The psychologically thrilling aspect to this movie adds much to my love of all that is over the top gore. Sure, many critics failed to see my view on why this is a good movie. I am aware it's not for the general audience, but for those of you who want a decent horror/slasher film, this would fit the bill. Better yet, read the Books of Blood and then watch it. I'm always that person who reads the book before I watch the movie. I find there is so much to derive from paper than on screen every time.  Ultimately, it's a good one to own. I watch it once a month or so. Grab it for your collection and revel in the bloodbath!


On a personal note, I have officially not smoked all day. I don't really want one thanks to the nice sticker on my upper arm. I just hope when I don't use these I will not resort back to smoking. Nicotine patches definitely make it easier, for sure. So Day 1 is over. Day 2 is looking great!







I'm returning to add an extra link to The Weekly Crisis. They've just posted that Boom is going to release a new Hellraiser comic by Clive Barker. I can't wait. Figured it was awesome timing to watch Midnight Meat Train for Terror Tuesday! Enjoy, The Weekly Crisis is awesome!

No comments: