Monday, March 28, 2011

Hookers for Jesus

Yes, you read correctly. HOOKERS FOR JESUS!

A few weeks ago, someone showed me this link on facebook then while doing laundry this morning...there is a television show for this! I understand wanting to help women that may have made bad decisions, or been forced into a life of prostitution...but seriously hookers FOR JESUS??? I'm just not comfortable with that. It's like these women are screaming "look at me" by saying they were prostitutes. As if that makes them better or more important in their religious persuits. I don't respect someone more because they went from one extreme to another, but then again, I don't respect many in a religious atmosphere anyway.


I'm posting about this because I don't know if I'm the only person that finds this creepy. Please post your opinions about this in the comments...










Here is the link for Hookers for Jesus. Check it out and see what you think.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I think organizations that give sex workers option to leave are extremely important. I don't think that what she's doing is essentially creepy or wrong.

However, "hookers for Jesus," seriously? I think it's meant to be an attention grabbing name. I'm hoping it misrepresents the project since it sounds like women selling their bodies for Christ. Haha.

D4 said...

Yeah, I don't find it too creepy, I just think the name is misleading. I also think it's messed up that there isn't a non-religion based organization attempting to do the same thing. I mean what if, by chance, these prostitutes or whatever are hardcore atheists with no intent of converting? Then they continue to walk down a shady road with a questionable future? Not fair.